The 2021 Prada Challenger’s Trophy is a sailing competition to determine the challenger for the 2021 America’s Cup. The races are being held from January 14th thru February 21st, 2021 in Auckland, New Zealand.
The Cup is sailed in AC75s, 75-foot foiling monohulls. The boats are expected to have requirements around the boats being “constructed in country”. Teams are allowed to build two boats each.
The Prada Cup uses a quadruple round-robin tournament to determine seeding. The second and third seeds after all twelve races then compete in a seven-race series in order to advance to a 13-race final series against the first seed from the round-robin.
The winner of this final series will become the challenger for the 2021 America’s Cup against defender Team New Zealand.
Prada Cup Round Robins (January 14-22)
The first stage of the 2021 Prada Challenger’s Trophy consists of four Round Robins of three races each.
- Round Robin 1 (January 14)
- Round Robin 2 (January 15)
- Round Robin 3 (January 16)
- Round Robin 4 (January 22)
Prada Cup Semi-Finals (January 28-29)
The Challenger with the highest score at the end of the Round Robins will automatically access the PRADA Cup Finals. The remaining two teams will race again in a seven-race Semi-Final (winner is the first team that scores 4 points).
- Semi-Final 1 (January 28)
- Semi-Final (January 29)
Prada Cup Finals (February 12-21)
The 13-race Final between the two leading teams, will start on the 13th of February, the first team to score seven points will win the 2021 Prada Challenger’s Trophy and face the Defender, Emirates Team New Zealand.
- Prada Cup Final 1 (February 12)
- Prada Cup Final 2 (February 13)
- Prada Cup Final 3 (February 16)
- Prada Cup Final 4 (February 18)
- Prada Cup Final 5 (February 19)
- Prada Cup Final 6 (February 20)
- Prada Cup Final 7 (February 21)