You are probably wondering why I am posting a turkey recipe in the spring. Well, I bought a new Crock-Pot Slow Cooker from Costco last week and wanted to try a new Turkey Breast with Mustard Sauce recipe for my spring soloist feast.
No need to dirty another pan fo the gravy; it comes together right in the slow cooker. A quick broil after cooking helps brown the turkey breast skin. Add some traditional sides like potatoes, vegetables, biscuits and cranberry sauce for a complete feast.
Turkey Breast for a Spring Feast
So this year I cooked a turkey breast instead of the traditional spring ham. Nobody complained and we have turkey leftover for turkey sandwiches for lunch.
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast with Mustard Sauce
Turkey is not just for holidays. This easy-to-fix slow cooker turkey breast recipe that doesn't require too much fuss!
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 medium onions
- ¾ oz thyme
- 1 cup turkey broth
- 1 turkey breast
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Have the garlic heads crosswise. Peel and halve the onions. Place garlic, onions, and thyme in the bottom of a 7-qt slow cooker. Add the broth.
- Pat the turkey dry and season with salt (in moderation) and pepper. Place turkey on top of the onions and drizzle the honey all over. Cover and cook on low 6 hours or on high 3 hours.
- Preheat the broiler to high. Remove the turkey breast and place it on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 2-3 minutes, until the skin is browned. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, remove the onions, garlic, and thyme from the cooking liquid in the slow cooker. Whisk in the cornstarch and mustard together, then whisk into the cooking liquid. Cover and cook on high for 10 minutes until slightly thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Serve gravy with turkey.
Crock-Pot Cook & Carry Slow Cooker Features:
- One-touch flat digital control panel for intuitive use
- Program cooking time from 30 minutes to 20 hours
- Removable, oven- and dishwasher-safe stoneware for heating flexibility and easy cleaning
- Locking Lid
- Sold at Costco for $49.99
- Comes with a 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Recipe book included
- Insulated Travel Bag
I do like this slow cooker and plan on using it for many more meals. So I give it a two thumbs up.