This cake has such a wonderful flavor you will have everyone wanting the recipe. This pretty fall cake is a sweet way to celebrate the autumn season. Take a chance and try this one.
Now Bake Your Maple Cake
This recipe does make 4 round cake pans. The whole recipe takes just over an hour to make. It’s just in time for the holiday season, so give one as a gift to family and friends. This recipe would also work well for cupcakes as well.
Maple Fall Festival Cake
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 1 tsp Espresso or more if needed to your taste
- 2 blocks Softened Cream Cheese
- 1 ½ cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 tbsp Milk
- 2 drops Maple flavoring to your taste
- In white cake mix add orange food coloring to make the orange cake.
- In chocolate cake, I add espresso to give it a zing.
- Make cakes as directed on the box.
- Mix these ingredients together with a beater to get a creamy icing, if needed add more milk
- After cakes cool, remove from pans, place on your favorite cake plate, then ice bottom cake, make sure to put extra icing between layers, then put the top cake on and ice. You can also add orange food coloring to your icing to make it even more spectacular. Or chocolate sprinkles.
Did You Know
Maple syrup was first made and used by the indigenous peoples of North America. European settlers adopted the practice and gradually they refined production methods.
Technological improvements in the 1970s further refined syrup processing. The Canadian province of Quebec is by far the largest producer, responsible for 70 percent of the world’s output
Maple syrup is graded according to the Canadian, United States, or Vermont scales. Each scale is based on its density and translucency. Sucrose is the most prevalent sugar in maple syrup. In Canada, syrups must be made exclusively from maple sap to qualify as maple syrup and must also be at least 66 percent sugar.