If you want a delicious BBQ Bacon Cheeseburgers, then jump off the grid and discover the world of charcoal. Also don’t go to the bland hamburger bun of years gone by, shake it up a little, I used a bagel on this one, it was delicious.
Not Just a Burger
Burgers are just not hamburger thrown in the skillet on the stove, they are so much more than that. There are so many varieties I cannot list them all. If however, you want a great burger, do it over charcoal. Hmm charcoal you say, it’s easier than you think. Great charcoal burgers need to be done over charcoal that has turned white and is ready and hot enough for cooking.
How to Make BBQ Bacon Cheeseburgers
I also made Broccoli Salad to go with this burger. Give this recipe a try and let the party begin.
BBQ Bacon Cheeseburgers with Tasty Tama’s Homemade Broccoli Salad
BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger
- 1½ lbs Hamburger
- ¾ tsp Black Pepper
- ¾ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¾ cup Red Bell Peppers chopped
- ½ cup Onion
- ¾ cup BBQ sauce
- ¾ cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 8 slices Bacon
- 1 head Broccoli
- 6 to 8 slices Bacon crumbled
- 1/2 cup Red Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Raisins optional
- 8 oz Sharp Cheddar cut into very small chunks
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp White Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Half and Half
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger
- Mix all ingredients together. Make patties about 5 inches around and as thick as you want them, I like mine to be thinner, that way I can put two together and stuff them. this is also your choice, I love yellow shredded cheddar in mine and a little bit of bbq sauce, if you are going to stuff them, take a little of the bbq and go around the edges to seal. (this is wide open as to what you want to stuff them with or not)
- Put on a charcoal grill and let set on fire for about 5 mins before you flip them. this will allow them to set.I like mine a little pink in the middle but cook as you like. about 2 minutes before burgers are done put bacon in foil and let heat, then put a slice of cheddar cheese on your burger and pieces of bacon, let everything melt together, Best taste ever on a burger!!! Place on your favorite bread or bagel with all the fixings that you like.
- Trim off the large leaves from the broccoli stem. Remove the tough stalk at the end and wash broccoli head thoroughly. Cut the head into flowerets and the stem into bite-size pieces. Place in a large bowl. Add the crumbled bacon, onion, raisins if using, and cheese. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, stirring well. Add to broccoli mixture and toss gently.
Did You Know?
While the inspiration for the hamburger came from Hamburg, the sandwich concept was invented much later. The 19th century saw German Hamburg cows minced and combined with garlic, onions, salt and pepper, then formed into patties (without bread or a bun) to make Hamburg steaks.
Many believe that the first country to place a ground beef steak between two slices of bread was the United States.