Fish Tacos with Raspberry-Pineapple Salsa
At first, fish tacos might sound a bit unusual but if you like fish you will love this recipe. Use your favorite fish with this lively raspberry-pineapple salsa and a yogurt-lime cream sauce for a spectacular explosion of flavors. This recipe will make 8 tacos and take about 45 minutes to prepare.
Fish Taco Ingredients
- 3 limes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 pound of your favorite fish
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 jalapeño peppers, halved, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup finely shredded lettuce
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
Fish Taco Cooking Directions
- Grate 1 tsp. of lime zest and squeeze 5 Tbsp. juice from limes.
- Combine 2 Tbsp. of the juice with 1 Tbsp. oil, chili powder, and ⅛ tsp. pepper in a small bowl. Place the fish in a sealed plastic bag and set in a shallow dish. Pour in the lime mixture, seal and turn to coat the fish. Marinate in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine raspberries, pineapple, green onion, jalapeno, 1 tsp lime zest, 1 Tbsp. lime juice and the remaining 1 Tbsp. of oil, and ⅛ tsp. pepper in a medium bowl.
- Combine yogurt and the remaining 2 Tbsp. lime juice in a small bowl.
- Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the fish (discard marinade) and cook, turning once, until it flakes easily, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Break the fish into bite-size pieces with a fork. Serve in tortillas topped with lettuce, the salsa, the yogurt mixture and cilantro, with lime wedges on the side, If desired.